My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Monday 8 June 2009

365, GCA, Creative Card Crew, DCM & Created By Hand

This card is so bright and sunny echoing the weather we have been having in Birmingham up until the last few days.

The main sun image is a free colouring book page by a childrens artist called Elizabeth O. Dulemba. There are some fab designs on there which would be useful to many cardmakers. I love the piggy, he's sooo cute :) and there is a great elephant on there too.

When I saw this sun I thought it would look great layered in different colours and I think it has worked really well. I printed it 4 times and cut the relevent layers out of each colour. All the sun papers are from HOTP. The textured card base is DCWV and the spotty paper is The English Paper Company. I was trying to add a sentiment but it just didn't look balanced so I decided to leave it off.

The sun has been given a bit of a makeover with blue eyes, green eyeshadow, rosy red cheeks and a bit of red lippy. She's looking good !

This card fulfils 5 challenges, details as follows:-

365 Cards Day 100 - Make a card using the bright colours of red, orange, yello, green & blue

Get Creative With Ann # 44 - Theme of summertime or beach

Creative Card Crew # 13 - Make a card for a child. as this card is in primary colours I felt it would be bright and happy for a child. Also it is a childrens colouring book page.


Created By Hand - Create art using circles of any kind - the centre of the sun and the spotty paper.

24 comments:

Karen Lee said...

Wonderful job!

hugs, Karen Lee

SueH said...

What a bright and sunny card Mandy and what a fab image.
Thanks for joining in with the DCM’s.

Thanks for the link to the site where the image came from too.
There’s some fantastic ones on there and they will be perfect to use are transfers for the cushions I’m stitching for the charity Kids Company.

Sue
x

Yogi said...

very nice> Jolly

Nicola said...

I love your bright cheery colours Mandy, your card is full of happiness and makes me smile. Fantastic creation sweetie.
Thanks for playing along with the Creative Card Crew this week.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Lila Castro said...

Fantastic creation

Lila

Anonymous said...

Wow, super cool, and way to go on the blog challenges.

Jeannie said...

The green eyeshadow cracks me up! How fun!!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Tasha said...

Oh wow this is super fun and funky - fab colours
thank you for joining in the Creative Card Crew challenge
love tasha xx

Joey said...

Hi Mandy, this is absolutely beautiful, such a bright and cheerful card. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Joey.x

Kim said...

What fun in the sun!Mandy great job on full filling all the challenges! Luv what you have done with all the different layers!

Ann said...

Fantabulous Mandy!!! Love your sunshine and the awesome colors you chose!! Thanks for playing along again this week!!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

This is great. love that sun!

Rose said...

AWESOME!!! :D

AUsome mom said...

WOW! This is a piece of art for sure!! Beautiful job Mandy!

NWFlamingo said...

This is too funny. Who knew the SUN wears green eyeshadow. What a fashion star!

Piali said...

Great work. thanks site info, images are nice.

Powerful Search Engine said...

This is such a perfect card for the DCM challenge I love your design, hugs Pacale

Kathy said...

Thanks for palying along with The Daring Cardmakers this week - what a great idea to use a colouring page. Thanks for the link - I reckon some of those will make great Craft Robo templates too

Tommie said...

Holy cow! One card for 5 challenges!? You crafty, crafty lady! I love this and the fact that you gave the sun a makeover! I would never have guessed she didn't come this way...she looks SO good! I have missed you and being able to reach out each day through the card challenges, but you got it...I have been a busy, busy girl. Thank you so much for leaving such sweet sentiments and best wishes for the little biz. =)

Jenny S. (UK) said...

What a fabulous card, it really made me smile, and what a great combo you have done, do I really need to look at these challenge blogs? lol!! they sound great.
Jenny xxx

Gloria Stengel said...

This is so great. Nice work on all the challenges in one card!

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

I love this card!!! I am always drawn in by whimsical images of the sun. I love the face and the touch of makeup. You really did an awesome job with this challenge.

~amy~ said...

great card Mandy!!

Sue said...

Stunning card, what a fabby sun, very striking, sue.x