My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Tuesday 29 December 2009

Happy Birthday CJ

Wow, where did December go? One minute it was the 1st December, then it was Paul's birthday (10th) and then it was our Christmas do and before you know it, it's Christmas Day. The whole month has flown by in a blur. Thank goodness I started to make Christmas cards early this year or else they would not have been posted (albeit in the very last posting day.....)

Anyhoo, Christmas has come and gone and I am now full of a snotty, headachey cold so it seems like the perfect end to what has been a pretty crappy year.

Christmas day however is also our nephew's birthday and this one was special as he was 13. He is the only child I have seen from being in his mummy's tummy to actually being born and we've watched him grow up. He's had his trials and tribulations like a lot of kids, but he is growing up into a young man and it is really weird to see. Not having children ourselves was a conscious decision and one I still stand by, but I am happy to see what was a troubled kid turn out into a really good kid who still loves his huggles with Aunty Mandy. I hope he doesn't grow out of that too soon.

I adapted a card I had made earlier in the year and personalised it with his age. Papers are Dovecraft, stars are from my stash and the peel off letters and chipboard numbers are from Brenda Pinnick kits from QVC


No comments: