My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Friday 2 April 2010

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge # 16

Challenge #16 at Crafty Cardmakers was to use an image of a lady on your card. I knew immediately I wanted to use the smashing papers by Debbi Moore that came with issue 13 of Creative Cardmaking Magazine.

The Art Deco ladies are so very elegant and in particular I wanted to use the purple one in honour of Purple Day which was the 26th March. This is a day to help bring awareness to Epilepsy and all you have to do is wear the colour purple. My beloved husband has suffered with Epilepsy all his life and there is a lot of stigma attached to it due to ignorance of the condition.

All the papers and elements are from the paper pack. I have added the patterned ribbon strips to a rich purple ribbon and created a layered flower using Primas, a bead cap and glittered brad. I have created depth with 3D foam pads and added lots of bling to the frame and floral accents in the main picture.

I gave this card to a very, very special lady who is like a Mum to me. She loves Art Deco and this was the most perfect card to give her for Mother's Day.

2 comments:

Juls said...

Love these Debbie Moore designs! I have a couple of her cd's.....i must get them out and have a play!! Thanks for the inspiration!! Hugs Juls

Julie said...

I've got these papers too, love what you've done with them. Very inspiring. xxx