My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Saturday 21 June 2008

Graduation Card

My work collegue Andy asked me to make a card for his Girlfriend to celebrate her completeing her degree.

I found this quote that Bethany did on Elegant Word Art. Please do go over to her blog as she has some wonderful word art she creates and even does requests. I love crafters as they are the most giving of people and are genuinely nice.


The mortar board is a 3D decoupage that I printed off onto photo paper (I have no idea where I got that from) The tassel was recycled from a Christmas card and is held on with a small Papermania brad. The background paper is from a K & Co embossed paper pad I have had for a mighty long time and never used. The scroll was made from some parchment effect card I had which I have torn and inked the edges to age.

As Andy's writing is awful I thought I would do something a bit special for the insert too so I made it look like a diploma and used some HOTP unmounted rubber stamps for the scroll edges. I bought these from QVC in a TSV last year and it is the first time I have used them. I was very impressed with how clear an impression I got from it.

Helena absolutely loved her card which makes me happy :)

1 comment:

a said...

That's so cool! Love what you did with the WordArt - What an AWESOME card!