My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday 20 July 2008

Naval 60th Birthday

I was asked to make a birthday card by one of my colleagues for a gentleman who had been in the navy.

She obtained a photo of him which is the only one of him in existence from his Naval days. It was in pretty bad state so my wonderful hubby used his Mac to colour in a huge crease, fix the edges and recolour it. I am so pleased with it, he did a fantastic job.


Looking on the internet I found the emblem for a Chief Petty Office which I printed off onto photo paper. I used ribbon from my stash for the spine of the Bookatrix and the gold braid is from Docrafts.

The Navy paper is one I made myself from repeating an image I obtained from the net. This is printed using a 50% transparency setting onto hammered white paper. The sentiments were printed onto pale blue vellum.

The box is embellished using peel offs from Docrafts, papermania and a vellum sentiment.

Denise absolutely loved the card and cand't wait to give it to her friend next week.

No comments: