My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Thursday 25 April 2013

Beccy's Place Thinking of You


I have been a follower of Beccy’s Place for a long time and am therefore lucky to have collected a large number of free images. I am however ashamed to admit that upto now I have only ever coloured one in L I keep intending to join in the monthly challenges and never seem to get round to it so I made a special effort for this one. The challenge this month is to use any floral image from Beccy’s Place.

The one I have used was a freebie (still available!) and I have based the colours of red and black on the roses vellum background which is a very deep red with black in it. I coloured the rose on the image/sentiment to match and created many layers for the vellum base and the image. I used Fiskars punch to create the layered element on the left hand side and added some ribbon and a bow. I added 2 gems to the corners and declared it finished. I added some glossy accents to the flower and leaves but not sure that you can see it very well in the photo.

I am trying to get myself better organised and have created a schedule which should allow be to be better focused on what needs making and when. I like to have a balance between DT work but also with other projects I want to work on and thus far my list is allowing me to be more structured with my creativity and get more projects done. Time will tell if this continues……

Materials Used in this Project are as follows:-
Card size – DL Letter
Paper – Red Rose Vellum by Artoz
Tools – Letraset Promarkers & Flexmarkers, Fiskars Punch
Embellishments – Glossy Accents, gems from Dovecraft, ribbon by Papermania, ribbon bow recycled from an old Christmas Card

Techniques – Punching, recycling

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-


25 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful card Mandy, love the image and design. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Passion for Flowers challenge this week x

michele said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Pat said...

Striking. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Winnie and Patty said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very pretty, sweet design! Thanks for joining us over at Docerela Creations! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

Beccy said...

Your card is so beautiful Mandy, and very elegant too. The colours match the image perfectly. You did a wonderful job colouring the rose and I really like all the layers and other elements as well. Great job!
Cheers,
Beccy

Lynnel Lynch said...

Mandy, this is very lovely. Love the dark background DP. Thanks for sharing with us at CDAC Challengees. I enjoy looking through your blog, love your work.
Lynnel
CDAC DT Member

Sukie said...

Pretty card, thanks for joining our challenge over at Docerela Creations!

Shannon83k said...

Great card, thanks for going the All About Reds challenge at CMC. Make sure you check out our Birthday Bash. Shannon DT Member

Unknown said...

This is beautiful. I love the colour of this card. :)
Sara x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

A lovely, elegant card! Thanks for joining in the fun at Wags 'n Whiskers hugs Susan x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card and elegant features> thanks for joining in the challenge at Beccy's Place...luv annie DT

Unknown said...

Beautiful elegant card, good work!

wannabcre8tive said...

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks, for joining us in the Speedy Fox and Friends border challenge.

Holly Young said...

Wow Mandy, this card is so dramatic and gorgeous! I love the scalloped border piece with the bow at the bottom. Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

Shanna Shands said...

Beautiful layered stamping. Thanks for playing at Sparkle N Sprinkle.

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Hi Mandy - this is such a pretty card. I too love Beccy's images and you've made sure this sentiment and flower are the stars of this card! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time.
Helen x (DT)

Elizabeth Hart said...

Such a beautiful rose - love the long card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Squigglefly Challenge.

Docerela said...

Very pretty, sweet design! Thanks for joining us over at Docerela Creations!

Catarina

Pia S said...

It's such a beautiful image and I like the effect of the script behind it. I love the rich red colors, and the long rectangular shape adds to the elegant feel of your card. Such a sweet, clean, yet decorative card - spotted it on MIM!

Cindy said...

Beautiful Mandy! I love roses! It looks real classy :D

Thank you so much for sharing with us at Make it Monday :D!

PAC CHARITY CARDS said...

Fabulous card - I love the image and papers.

Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men.

Caz

Unknown said...

Very pretty card!
Love your coloring!
Thank you for joining in on the Creative Inspirations paint challenge!
Michelle, dt team

carol said...

lovely card...thanks for sharing our wonderful creation with us at CRAFTY RIBBONS
x carol

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

I have several of Beccy's fabulous images but not this one. Thanks for the link. I really like the deep richness of colours you have gone with. Another wonderful card.

Hugs,
Lisa