My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday 28 April 2013

From The Heart Flowerpot Chick


The digi this month from the Progressive Freebie Challenge at Delightful Inspiration {From The Heart} is a cute little chicken in a flowerpot called Flowerpot Chick. He also comes with a sentiment Just Chicken In.

I am very lucky that there is a farm shop a couple of miles away from where I live and I go there every week to get all my meat and some of my veggies. On Friday I was treated to the site of a cockerel having a dust bath in a huge flowerpot and it so totally reminded me of this image. I love going to the farm, I am supporting a local business, the produce is a lot tastier. I see animals every week and sometimes if I am very lucky I see the 2 cute little doggies that the Farmer’s wife owns.

Anyhoo, back to my card…..I coloured my image using Promarkers and Flexmarkers and matted it onto some green cardstock. The cardblank is partially covered with some  paper from a bright paperpack. This remnant has been on my desk for ages and I declared it a perfect compliment to the image. I added the lower panel recycled from  some packaging, a scrap of red that has been treated to a Fiskars punch and a layer of yellow ribbon from my stash.

The sentiment I used I think came as a freebie from Scrap N Fonts and has been cut out with the Quickuts Cookie Cutter dies. The yellow flowers came from a Colorbok kit at Costco, sequin flowers and some Queen & Co brads I have had in my stash for many years.

That’s another card made for the progressive freebie and I am looking forward to seeing what we can play with for the next month. Thankyou  Faith for running these challenges again, they are so much fun J

Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size – 5” Square
Paper – From a Brightly coloured butterfly pad by Artoz and lots of scraps
Sentiment – Scrap N Fonts
Embellishments – Ribbon, flowers, sequin flowers, brads by Queen & Co
Tools – Letraset Promarkers & Flexmarkers, Fiskars Punch, Quickutz cookie cutter die
Techniques – Punching, Diecutting, Recycling

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-

12 comments:

Kristie Maynard said...

What a bright and happy card! So glad you entered it into the Eureka! Stamps Challenge this week.

mixamatoasties said...

Great card.

Thanks for sharing at Love to Create this week.

Susan x

Amanda Phillips said...

What a cutie! Thank you for joining us this week over at love to create challenges.
Amanda LTCDT

Chriss America Real said...

Awwww! This card is just darling! I love it! The color combination is just perfect!

Hugs,
Chriss
www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

Karen Letchworth said...

Another bright, beautiful and adorable card. Thanks for sharing this one with us in our Animal Cat Walk Challenge this week.
Blessings,
Karen
Eureka Stamps

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Forever Friends and good luck.
Mags
x

Eileen said...

Such a lovely bright cheerful card. Love your image and colour choices. Thanks for joining in with the PFP challenge this week and good luck
Eileen x

Nat said...

Another gorgeous creation, love the pretty, bright colours. Thank you for joining in my 'Animals' challenge at PFP.
Natx

Kelly Lloyd said...

Beautiful creation, thanks for joining us at FF and good luck
Hugs Kelly DT

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Wow, awesome choice of colours for this month's image. I'm just about to get my post ready though the card has been ready for a whole two days. Nothing like leaving it to the last minute!

Good for you for supporting a local business. Buying local is always the best way to go for so many reasons if you are able to.

Hugs,
Lisa

Meg Farris said...

Very pretty card! Thank you for playing in this CDAC Challenge. Meg, Member of the CDAC DT.

Unknown said...

Love all the bright colours Mandy!
Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week :)
Lizy x