My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Bella & Skipper


As I took part in the progressive freebie last time from Imagine That I got this brilliant image Bella & Skipper to play with which came with a sentiment ‘Hello My Friend’. I loved the little froggy and decided to use the Toadally Awesome sentiment, corny I know……

I used a sketch from Sketch n Stash for the layout and selected papers from the Animal Antics First Edition pad. The image is coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers. I actually can’t believe how much green I used on this card. Regular listeners will know that it isn’t a colour I use much and this really is quite a lot for me. Maybe it is growing on me finally!

I used a Quickutz Cookie Cutter die set to trim down the sentiment and my Martha Stewart butterfly punch on the last oddments of paper to cut some butterflies. I quite liked the effect of layering the striped ones on top of the plain and folding the wings up. I must have seen that somewhere recently as I haven’t done that previously.

After adding a few gems in the centres of the butterflies and flowers I declared this card finished.

Materials Used in this Project are as follows:-
Card size – 5” square
Image – Bella & Skipper from Imagine That 
Sentiment – Toadally Awesome by From The Heart
Paper – Animal Antics First Edtion pad by Dovecraft
Tools – Letraset Promarkers & Flexmarkers, Quickutz Cookie Cutter dies, Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Embellishments  - Self adhesive gems
Techniques – Diecutting & Punching

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-

17 comments:

Kristine said...

VERY cute Mandy!! Love your "toadally awesome" coloring on this and your 3D butterflies are so Cute!! *Ü* Thanks so much for playing along!

Julia said...

Such a beautiful creation with great attention to detail. Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs. Good luck.
Hugs
Julia

Dawny P said...

This is lovely - a wonderful design :) Thank you so much for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

Kathy D. said...

Tomorrow is NATIONAL SCRAPBOOK DAY so we going to have some fun and craft all day!! If you get a chance to get in your craft room tomorrow I will be hosting 4 different challenges at Clearly iStamp Blog. I would love if you can come play with me and you might even win some great prizes!
http://www.clearlyistamp.blogspot.com/

Kathy D.
Clearly Digi Stamps DT Member

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Mandy, I like the image the colours and the butterflies, Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash, Good Luck.
Kevin xx

Wendy Fraser said...

Oh what fun, love the image and pretty papers. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

Penny said...

Really, really cute, Mandy! Love your pretty papers, your design and embellies! The sentiment is perfect with your image! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at TTCRD. Hope to see you again next week! :^)
Hugs, Penny

paper fun said...

Very beautiful!! Your butterflies are so sweet, the way that you layered them.
Thanks for showing us your bling at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

coops said...

so gorgeous mandy.stunning image and i love your fab papers and pretty butterflies.
Thanks for joining my theme this week at the Passion for Promarkers challenge ;D

xx coops xx

Vicky said...

A lovely card!! Thank you for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week :)

hugs Vicky xx

BugBites said...

cute- TFS with us at DCD.

Becky said...

Super cute! I love your coloring. Thank you for playing at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. Be sure to check out our Facebook Page to see if your project entry was highlighted and linked to your blog!

PDE Challenge Page on Facebook

Becky
PDE Challenges DT

Unknown said...

Great Image. Thanks you for joining us at Creative Card Crew on our bling challenge. Hugs Tania xx (DT)

Dee's Craft Room said...

Really sweet card, unfortunately our current challenge calls for an old fashioned stamped image.

I hope to see you back here soon.

Dionne

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Pun “ Linky Party.

Tara
Craftin Desert Diva's

Susan L said...

This is just too adorable. The digi is wonderful and I love the paper and butterflies. Great job! So glad you joined us for this Challenge.

Happy Scrappin'

Sue B, DT Member for Get Inky
http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

Guild Master Crystal said...

This is very cute! I'm a sucker for puns on cards :)
Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Card Crew!
~ Crystal (DT)