My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Friday 6 February 2009

Lauren's My Times Sketch 22

I was reading a blog this week and it said that they had always wanted to make a monochrome card but it always ended up having colour on it. I got to thinking I don't think I've ever made a totally monochrome card either so decided I'd have a go.

I used Lauren's My Times Sketch # 22 for the basis of this design. The patterned paper is Papermania which had a border separated by a ribbon on black and white stripes so I decided to use all the elements in the paper but cut it up a different way. The daisies were from this paper and I have used 2 gorgeous sparkly Papermania brads for the centre.

The embossed panel in the centre was a sample piece of Core'dinations card which I ran through a Cuttlebug embossing folder (1st time I have used that one) and sanded down (the sample even had a small piece of sandpaper with it !)

The sentiment is one that I created using the Official Seal Generator which is a great online resource that I love.

2 comments:

Sarn said...

I LOVE this card. Monochrome cards are one of my fave 'colour' combo's! This is a terrific example.

KimB said...

HI Mandy,

thanks for dropping by and leaving me a comment. A monochrome card is something I haven't tried before - and love this one of yours. Very beautiful and elegant.

Regards,

Kim