My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Thursday 19 March 2009

CPS 107 & 365 Cards Day 18

Now, I am not a lover of green. It stems back from school uniform and having to wear a bottle green jumper, but it is one of my least favourite colours. Looks good on trees and grass and that's about it. So, imagine my horror when the challenge on 365 Cards day 18 was to make a completely green card. My mojo went hiding and I couldn't coax it out! I then thought about the Peny Black stickeroos that I had with the frogs on and started from there.

I chose sketch 107 at CPS for the layout. I rarely make DL sized cards as sometime it can be hard to balance embellishments but if I have a sketch to follow I feel a lot braver. The papers are DWCW Blossoms and Butterflies pad. I love the silver foiling on these but unfortunately they don't scan in well and it looks almost black :( 

The stickeroo has been placed on white cardstock and I trimmed down a Kanban pearlescent frame to suit the shape of the sticker. The rub on sentiment is partially glittered and came from a huge sheet at Poundland. 

Even though green is for me a hard colour to work with I quite like this card.

8 comments:

Kristie Larsen said...

So cute Mandy. Nice work!! The frogs are cute and i love that swirly on the side!

~amy~ said...

super sweet...love the frogs and the plaid paper! Thanks for playing!!

Karen Lee said...

This is great....love the froggies!

Vicky said...

Great card Mandy! Love the frogs :)

~Tammy~ said...

Look at those cute lil froggies! Too cute! Thanks for playing!

Linda Beeson said...

Those frogs are entirely too cute - great use of that CPS sketch.

Charity Hassel said...

adorable froggies! thanks for using the cps sketch!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Those frogs are tons cute! Super job on the sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.