My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Monday 5 October 2009

Crafty Cardmakers 5th Challenge

It's a new challenge today at Crafty Cardmakers and this is the DT card that I have submitted for the ribbons and fibres challenge.

I love the big decorative trees that people make using layers and layers of ribbon but they use something like 36 yards to cover a cone of polystyrene and that is a waste of yummy ribbon if you ask me.

It did however inspire me to dig out my green ribbons and make a smaller version suitable for a card.

I used a sheet of A4 card as the base and covered the front with a Christmas paper from K & Co.

I made a base for the tree from a triangle of card and basically layered loops of ribbon onto strips of double sided tape in tiers.

The star is a chipboard shape covered with Rangers Glossy Accents and sprinkled with gold glitter.

The plant pot was made from scraps of card. I added another strip of ribbon and a mulberry flower coloured red with a Promarker.

Strips of braided ribbon were added along the top and bottom edges of the card. Small parcels are under the tree courtesy of Papermania vellum stickers and the sentiment is leftover from the La Pashe decoupage sheet I used for the last challenge.

I have to admit layering the ribbon was time consuming but the results are really worth it and would be great for a special card

The use of the braid on the edges has also allowed me to enter this for a challenge at 365 Cards for Day 212 where you were to decorate at least 2 edges of the card with fringe/ribbon/braid.

1 comment:

Rose said...

This is so clever Mandy! Very inspiring, I love it!