My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Monday 19 October 2009

Crafty Cardmakers 6th Challenge

It's a new challenge today at Crafty Cardmakers and it's all about Autumn, either the colours or the season itself.

I love Autumn, it is my most favourite season. I love the warmth of the sun on a crisp morning and the beautiful colours of the leaves on the trees. I love walking in the park, wrapped up warm against the chill in the air but with the warm sun shining on your face. I love kicking up the leaves with your feet and looking for conkers and squirrels. Days like these make you glad to be alive an be able to appreciate the beauty all around us.

The starting point for my DT card was a paper piecing pattern I found on a challenge blog called 365 Cards. The challenge for Day 213 is to use the pattern provided to make a traditional carved pumpkin for Halloween but I wanted to make it more like a Harvest festival idea as I don't DO Halloween. I printed the pattern onto thin card and coloured it with various shades of Promarkers from Joanna Sheen adding stripes and lines to create depth and shadows. I used 3D foam pads to raise the design off the backing and also raise the leaf.

The backing papers are from a HOTP Creative Cardmakers pack. The glittered chipboard shapes are from Let's Make Cards and the sentiment is a great digital scrapbooking freebie I picked up recently from Vicki's blog, A Work In Progress

I hope we will see lots of people taking part in our challenge and look forward to seeing your creations.

2 comments:

Rose said...

Love your beautiful Fall card Mandy! I love everything about it! You have captured the season wonderfully!

Kimmi said...

Fabulous Pumpkin. Oooo Good enough to make a pie with - or turn into a coach for miss cinderella lol.. Love the coloured back ground with the leaves!

HUgs

Kimmi x