My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Tuesday 21 April 2009

2 Sketches 4 You & 365 Cards

OMG, I have made a 365 Cards challenge the day that it has been posted !!! Seems like a VERY long time ago since I did that. It is also weeks and weeks since I have been able to participate in a 2S4U sketch and I love Laura's this week.

As I am sure many cardmakers do, I have a LOT of scraps just waiting for something to be done with them. I am trying REALLY hard to make use of them instead of just storing them in plastic boxes. I also subscribe to some fab UK magazines and a lot of them have free papers with them, some being much nicer than others. The main paper on this card is one of those. I love the design but the paper is so very thin which is a shame...

All the papers have come from my scraps box, the ribbon is from my stash, the glittered chipboard pieces are some a great pack I got from Poundland. I used a nestabilities die for the scalloped circle and pricked holes around the edge to mirror the holes produced by the Martha Stewart Doily punch (that are starting to be sold in the UK at long, long last!)

The flowers are Primas and the glittered brad is from Papermania.

The 365 Cards challenge for today, day 52 was to incorporate circles, flowers and brads. I think this card ticks all those boxes and it's turned out really pretty too :)

14 comments:

Vicky said...

Beautiful! Love these springy colors!

Fi said...

Beautiful card - I love the design and it is so fresh and happy looking.
Hugs
Fi

Rose said...

Beautiful and the colors are nice and "springy" :-)

~amy~ said...

Lovely combo of challenges...fab & fun colors!

Kristie Larsen said...

this is just LOVELY! Very wonderful blend of embellishments and colors. Nice work!

~dawne said...

Welcome back....we've missed seeing you at 2S4U. Your card is very pretty w/it's bright Spring colors.

Karen Lee said...

What a fun card. I love the colors that you chose for this one!!

hugs, Karen Lee

AUsome mom said...

Great card Mandy! Love these colors and all of your elements.

Kristie Larsen said...

Check my blog in a bit, i left you a blog award! Love your stuff!
k

Jana said...

Lovely card. So feminine. Love the colors.

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful card Mandy! I love the soft floral theme:) Thanks for playing!
Laura

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Lovely card! Just realised you're living in the same area as me, in B'ham! :)

~Tammy~ said...

Gorgeous! So spring like and fun! Thanks for playing the trio this week

cnelson said...

so fresh and pretty! love it!!