My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Thursday 30 April 2009

365 Cards Day 60 & Sketches! by Tamara # 92

Day 60 over at 365 Cards and I am trying so hard to keep up with the challenges each day. Today has not been so easy as I'm coming down with a cold and have spent a lot of it asleep. That's teach me to get soaking wet on a hospital visit last week...... Hey at least it's not swine flu, that is quite scary isn't it as it's spreading all over the world.

Anyways, the challenge today is to use the word 'WHAT' as the sentiment for your card.

I needed to make a card for a 40th birthday so this was quite timely. I used his weeks sketch #92 over at Sketches! by Tamara for the layout.

The spotty & striped papers are from the Sweet Nothings paper pack by Papermania. All other papers are scraps. I used my Martha Stewart punch for the central layers as I though it would look like a frilly edge on a cake. I added some flower sequins and gems as the decoration at the bottom of the cake. Finally the lettering is some self adhesive felted ones I got from Poundland some time ago and the number was written by hand.

Thanks 365 for getting me so organised with my card making!!

10 comments:

Rose said...

LOVE this cake!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

the cake looks yummy, great job, it is hard to keep up, but it is so fun, too. I hope you feel better, and your cold doesn't hang out to long.

Sandy said...

great card!! i love how it's for a 40th birthday!!

Jana said...

Very cute card. Love that cake. Yum.

~amy~ said...

super fun & festive birthday card!!!

Sarn said...

Zingy or WHAT! LOL! x Trific!

Bex said...

I hope you feel better soon! I know if I got a card like that it would definitely perk me up!

Bex

P.S. I think that the citrus fruit paper is one of the most difficult papers to use and look at what you did with that one on the fruity challenge!

Kristie Larsen said...

Great job with this challenge Mandy! I love what you did. Super cute papers and love the candles!!

Vicky said...

very cute!!

Rosemary said...

Great card - that is kind of the feeling at 40 - WHAT!!!!