My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Tuesday 7 April 2009

Chocoholic's Challenge

This is the last card I made at the Glitterpot and it was a challenge set by Sarn. She had provided a choice of pink or blue and pre cut and measured all the elements to make this shaped card. There was paper included but we could substitute with our own if we wished.

The stamped image of the butterfly was in blue so I decided that I would cut into my very 1st Basic Grey paper. This is not my normal style of paper but I loved the delicate colours and swirls and thought it would be perfect to go with the stamped image which I coloured in using Sakura glitter pens. The paper also matched perfectly with the plain one that Sarn had already included so I used this to matt the stamped image.

The sentiment is another of the vellum ones that I took with me and the stamped hearts are coloured in with Marvy Le Plume pens in toning shades of pink.

I have to be honest, when I looked at the distructions I thought it was an intriguing style of card. I am so pleased this was the project Sarn chose for us as I think this is the best card I made over the weekend.

3 comments:

Sarn said...

Aww shucks! Glad you liked it hun. I was rather taken with it myself!!!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you like the Basic grey I really like the stamps of the swirls they were a little expensive but so yummy, great for back grounds too!

Love Dawn xx

Bex said...

What a great shaped card, I wouldn't know it wasn't your usual style, it looks fab!

Talking of fab, I adored those DCWV papers so much that I bought another set of each season so that I would have one to use and one to stare lovingly at!