My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Saturday 25 April 2009

365 Cards Day 53

Day 53's challenge at 365 Cards was to make a fruity card.

This gave me the perfect opportunity to use some papers that were in the DCWV Summer drawer set from QVC. I have to admit that when I first saw them I didn't know whether I would ever use them but they are perfect for this card.

I started off with an A4 sheet of green card as the base and cut strips out of one of the papers for the top, bottom and centre of the card. The 'glass' is vellum with a piece of yellow card sandwiched inside for the lemonade. I used a glue tape gun to run lines around the edges and to create stripes on the glass. I used Glamour Dust on these so it really sparkles. This is similar to something I saw in a magazine where it was used for an ice cream sundae. That might have to be another project at a later date now I've made a template for a glass :)

The glass is further embellished with an orange slice that I cut from the co-ordinating paper and decoupaged, also adding a bit of glitter with a Zig glue pen around the segments. I used a real lime green straw to match the one on the DCWV cardstock sticker. This has been matted on a scrap of orange card and mounted using 3D foam.

I am really pleased with this card. I never for a million years could have forseen me making such a thing but I think it's turned out really well. I am loving how the 365 challenges are making me more creative and I think the results speak for themselves.

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

This is absolutely a-dorable!!!!

Bex said...

Wowee! For someone who didn't think they would ever use this paper you have done an am-az-ing job! I absolutley love that glass! I think I will definitely be 'borrowing' that for my holiday scrapbook!

Sarn said...

Absolutely lovely zingy and summery card hun. Well done xxx