My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Wednesday 8 April 2009

365 Cards, Stampin Chic & Tamara Challenges

Woohoo, I've finally made a card :) This is the first I have made since the Glitterpot weekend and I've used some of my rubber stamps I bought from there too.

This card was inspired by todays 365 Cards Challenge, Day 39 is to make a card using Purple, Green and Orange. Obviously not a combination one would normally use so I started with a sketch. Sketch 89 from Sketches! By Tamara is a nice simple one.

The card blank is from Let's Make Cards, the papers and sentiment are from Hot off The Press. I added some corner detailing using a pair of Fiskars scissors. The ribbon and the flocked brad are from Papermania.

The flower is made using my new Clare Curd Signature Collection rubber stamps. I stamped the 2 different sizes on the HOTP paper, curled slightly and used a foam paid to raise the layers. I used a Sakura Glitter pen to add a bit of sparkle to the dots. This DIY flower makes it elligible to submit for this weeks challenge at Stampin Chic too.

I received my prize yesterday from Clare for winning a challenge which was a set of Party rubber stamps. There are loads of cute images on there and I am looking forward to playing with those.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a fantastic card, and I love the green paper, green is one of my favorite colours and that one is exceptional

Karen Lee said...

Great card! Great job with today's challenge!

~~XOXO~~
Karen Lee

Vicky said...

Great job, Mandy!

Fi said...

Great card - love the sentiment and the flowers are just so cute.
Hugs
Fi

Unknown said...

I just adore that sentiment! Great job combining colors AND challenges!!

~amy~ said...

nice job combining challenges!!!

Jana said...

Very pretty card. I really like the flower you made.

jo said...

Lovely card Mandy :-)

Sarn said...

Lovely!

Kristie Larsen said...

Great take on the color challenge, of course you did such a good job getting it to fit so many other challenges. Great job!

Kim Costello said...

Great DIY flowers you've done a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week ♥ HuGs Kim

Clare said...

great take on the challenge Mandy! Love green! If you live near the glitter pot I'm there for a demo weekend in the first weekend of May and it would be lovely to see you there. Thanks for joining in the fun over on the Stampin'Chic blog. Love, Clare x ps sorry for my late comment, I was away last week. x