My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Saturday 25 April 2009

Chocoholics Challenge & 365 Cards Day 55

On our cardmaking forum the challenge this week is to make a Thankyou card. It is something that I rarely have ready to go, I have general cards without a message but not usually Thank you cards. This is something I think I should remedy and will endeavour to make more of in the future. Thanks for the kick up the cardmaking bum Sarn :)

I utilised Day 55's recipe challenge on 365 Cards to use the following

5x5 card (solid colored card stock - may be smooth or textured)
4x4 patterned paper (you may alter the edges if you'd like)
1 shape (circle, square, star, heart, etc.) - must be solid color
3 jewels
alpha stickers

I embossed the base card using the paisley Cuttlebug folder and added a little pink ink to highlight the design. The paper is from a Diary of an Edwardian Lady pack from a magazine. The solid shape is a glitter butterfly which I have decorated with the 3 gems and the alpha stickers are by MAMBI.

This is the first card that I have used this Cuttlebug folder on. I am not a fan of traditional paisley designs but I do like the more modern ones and love the really crisp embossed results this has produced.

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Great job mandy!! I love how you've combined challenges!

Fi said...

Very pretty card - love your butterfly.
Hugs
Fi

Rosemary said...

What a beautiful card! I love the embossing and adding a spot of color to it. I love those embossing folders and don't use them nearly enough - I may just have to work with them more.

Sarn said...

Just fab! Happy to help!