My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Tuesday 7 April 2009

Crystallady's Challenge Card

Whilst we were at the Glitterpot one of our forum members Crystallady had brought a bad of bits for each of us and we were to make a card and try to incorporate something fom each item into it and we could also add one item from our own stash.  Now Lynn makes the most gorgeous cards and has a very unique style which is usually instantly recogniseable. She just manages to make very sophisticated designs from lots of materials. I usually have to keep it a bit more simple as I am not so clever mixing lots of different elements together. This was a real challenge as there were so many papers. It took me ages to decide what I wanted to do with them all!

I started off by adding some detail to the central motif with my south west corner punch and matted onto pink card, embellishing with tabs of ribbon and the pearls. Then it was a question of layering the papers together and my Martha Stewart punch came out to play again. Lynne absolutely loved this and I think she would have smuggled it home if she could have got away with it LOL

The sentiment at the bottom is a vellum one from Lakeland and I double matted it onto the diagonal striped paper.

It was really nice to see the different designs that we all made with the same materials though.

No comments: