My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Monday 20 April 2009

365 Cards Day 43 & Di Hickman Sketch

Woohoo, I've managed to do a bit of crafting at long last. It's been a while !!!!!

The good news is Grandad is getting better. He's still in hospital but due to be discharged soon soon. Then we will have an interime period where we will need to provide care and support until the Social Services has sorted his plan out, fingers crossed it won't take too long. I swear my grey hairs have doubled in number over the last 3 weeks. 

I have missed loads of 365 Cards challenges and loads of sketch challenges, worse I have still got loads of new goodies to play with that are still in their packets!!

Anyhoo, it was Score It week at 365 Cards and there have been some fabulous projects to do. I started on an easy one with day 43 which was to make a gift card holder. Fortunately whilst shopping at Asda I had to return an item and the credit was put onto a gift card, perfect for this project methinks.

I used the latest sketch from Di Hickman for the layout. The papers are from Papermania with a liberal amount of inking around the edges with an almost dry inkpad. The chipboard shape is from the same Sweet Nothings range and I added stickles glue to highlight some of the dots.

For the inside my immediate thought to hold the gift card inside was to use some metal photo anchors from HOTP with some tiny brads. I have had these in my stash for a mighty long time and never used them. I think it works well to hold the card in place.

There have been some fabulous examples made by some very talented crafters. It's great to see the 365 blog get stronger with more people taking part in the challenges as it gets more well known. Pam and the DT work really hard to bring lots of fresh challenges and I'm loving combining them with other sketches and building up a stockpile of cards to help me with a Christmas Pressies project I am working on for the family.



2 comments:

~amy~ said...

cute, cute, cute...love the sweet cupcake!!

Spot-On said...

hehhe I totally understand about not wanting to cut into papers! Darn manufacturers and their pretty designs! Great cards Mandy, thanks for sharing!