My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Tuesday 28 April 2009

Forever Friends, Stampin Chic & 365 Challenges

The Day 59 over at 365 Cards and the challenge is to make a card with a specific sentiment on it - I Miss You. Well lo and behold, what should happen to pop up in my in box today but an email from Bethany Harty at Elegant Word Art and the freebie she is giving away today is for that exact wording. Serendipity or what ? If you have never visited Bethany's blog, you seriously NEED to !! She is just so blooming clever and produces some fabby word arts. I {heart} Bethany Harty....and she got me wanting to read the Twilight books which I am currently on the second one New Moon.

Anyhoo, the wordart I printed onto white card and used as the main backing of my card. The cardblank is Papermania and really nice quality. I incorporated this week's challenge at Forever Friends which is a sketch and to top it all off I used the colour challenge of Turquoise and Yellow over at Clare Curd's blog Stampin' Chic. I am the queen of combining challenges !!! LOL

The backing papers are from Clare's Papermania pad 'The Big One' and I coloured in the white dots yellow with a Marvy le Plume pen and also used it for topical colouring in the floral paper. Quite pleased with how they turned out, they certainly don't look like I've been colouring in for ages, I was a bit worried they would TBH. I stamped the flowers using the matching doodle stamps from the range and highlighted the centres with assorted gems.

The Forever Friends image is a rubber stamp. I have coloured the bear and the vase with watercolour pencils and the flowers are metallic Sakura pens with a little bit of Glamour Dust in the flower centres. I don't think I am very good at watercolouring, can't seem to do it right like so many talented people do but I am quite pleased with this one. I did some when I went camping at Easter and tried to practice getting the shading right. It's hard as I only have a pack of 10 pencils, I would love to have one of those lovely tins with loads of colours to choose from as I am no good at mixing them. 

Pennies are tight though and that will have to be on my wish list for when I get a job. Having been made redundant twice in the last 6 months the money we had saved up is dwindling. Paul can't get any work in IT and my Blood Pressure is sky high at the moment and the drugs don't seem to be helping to get it down. Crafting is my sanctuary at the moment and my blog is my contact with the outside world (except for hospital visits to Paul's Grandad).

I can't begin to thank you all enough for leaving comments for me and I appreciate each and every one for the validation I receive for my projects.

22 comments:

a said...

Awe, what a SWEET card! You did such a great job :)

And I'm glad that you're enjoying Twilight. It's just SO darn addicting - hehehe

Chrissie said...

Cute Card!
Chrissie

Vicky said...

Such a cute card! Love the bear and you did a great job coloring him!

Rose said...

What a cute bear!! great card :-)

~amy~ said...

Oh my goodness....this is sooo sweet!

Karen Lee said...

So, so cute!

hugs, Karen Lee

Wendy said...

Cute card, thanks for joining the FF challenge this week
Wendy x

Unknown said...

A very sweet card indeed. I love the PP and the colouring on the bears flowers is a nice match to it.
Regards
Michelle

Fi said...

So cute, I love that Bear stamp. And your word art looks great, I am on my way to the blog now.
Hugs
Fi

Anonymous said...

what a great card, it is so sweet and he has such a cute look on his face.

Sarn said...

Aww . . . I just love this card hun. xxx

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card mandy...love your take on the colour challenge and your adorable bear...thanks for joining in the fun this week at Stampin Chic
Hugs Kath xxxxx

Maz said...

Oh Mandy this is lovely, your bear is so cute
Thanks for the link for the website, I have used the same sentiment on my card
maz

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Thanks for sharing the link to that sentiment. Luv your card...that bear is just too cute!

Jeannie said...

An absolutely adorable card!

I just saw the Twilight movie, but did not read the book.

Take care of yourself and I hope your hubby finds something soon!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

A beautiful card love the colour combo!
Thanks for joining us this week at forever friends..

Emma xxx

Rosemary said...

Oh, I LOVE this card - that teddy bear is so cute!!! The colors are splendid, very friendly and soft. What a pretty take on this theme!

Martine said...

beautiful card, i love your layout and the way you have coloured the white parts of the paper design to make it yellow, fab :), thanks for joining us this week over on the stampin chic blog


xx

martine

Bastelzauberin said...

Cute card, thanks for joining the FF challenge this week
Silke x

Sue said...

oh gorgeous card luv the colour combo, lovely papers,sue.x

joanne wardle said...

thanks for taking part in the FF challenge, your card is great. I'm so glad you decided to take part, Mandy

Anonymous said...

A fabulous card..love FF...xx