My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Tuesday 7 April 2009

365 Cards Day 23

I had started this card just after the challenge had been posted on 365 Cards and took the bits to the Glitterpot with me. That was last weekend and with all that we have been through with Grandad's illness over the last 10 days seems like a lifetime ago.... I mean, I've still got lovely stash in their packets that's not been played with :0

This card was made using the printable that Pam supplied on Day 23's challenge. The backing papers are freebies from Crafts Beautiful magazine. The crossword shape was printed twice and decoupaged. I added a heart shaped gem to replace the 'o' and this was matted onto black card. The pencil is courtesy of IKEA (knew that stash would come in handy one day! LOL) and was covered in a piece of the stripy paper. My beloved Martha Stewart punch was used to pretty up the striped paper.

Not having been able to craft for some time I have loads of 365 challenges to catch up on..... Wish me luck !

3 comments:

Pam said...

Mandy, I'm glad to see you back with another of your fantastic creations! This is so stinkin' clever with the pencil, and a beautiful combo of papers.

~amy~ said...

absolutely adorable with the matching pencil!

Fae said...

Hi Mandy, sitting next to you at the Glitter Pot, I watched you make this card and was amazed at your card making skills. You are very talented and now I have your blog address I hope to see more of your amazing cards. Love Fae xx