My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday 10 May 2009

365 Cards Day 47

What a fun card this is, I really enjoyed making it.

Day 47's challenge on 365 Cards was to make a pop-up card. I have made pop-up's before but not like this, I was immediately taken with the sample provided. The wonderful Amy Tsurutu provided us with a link to some instructions on the scor-it site and they were very earsy to follow. If you are interested in making a card like this click on Amy's name here and it will take you directly to the post on her blog with the link. Whilst you are there take a look at the wonderful cards she creates, she is one talented Momma and her daughter looks like she will be following in her talented footsteps. 

Anyway the deets..... the base card is made from a strip of DCWV card, wasn't sure if it would be sturdy enough but it worked just great. The patterned papers are from the freebie pack with Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine. The bottoms of the strawberries were cut off in the book which I thought was a bit strange... but you get the idea and they match the strawberries in the rubber stamped image. I coloured it in the watercolour pencils and added Sakura glitter pens. This was matted onto paper from the pack and then mounted to white card which provides the pop-up mechanism to the card. The back of the card is also covered with more of the paper and thus provides somewhere to write. The glittered chipboard sentiment is again from a Poundland pack.

The card folds up to pop in an envelope, I am REALLY impressed with this style of card and will be making more in the future.

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Ahh....what an excellent take on the pop up card Mandy!!! I love it!!!!

Sarn said...

Looks FABULOUS! I must have a go at it . . .

Anonymous said...

It looks great, love different cards!! Inspirational...

Bex said...

Top pop up card! I took the easy way out with this one and did a traditional pop up, but I think I may have to have another go at this one!

Well done on catching up, I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your back catalogue!

Julie said...

Brill, love the bright colours.