My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Saturday 23 May 2009

Honest Scrap Award

The extremely talented Tommie at Oh My Gluestick! has given me an award. She is a fellow 365'er and has recently opened an Etsy store with some gorgeous items for babies. She is one clever Momma!

Maz at Nature's Workshop has also very kindly given me this award. She makes beautiful cards and leaves such lovely encouraging comments. I have met some wonderful people on the 365 blog :)

There are a few requirements to accepting the Honest Scrap Award and they are as follows:

1) I must thank the person who gave me the award and list their blog and link it, links are as above to Tommie at Oh My Gluestick! and to Maz at Nature's Workshop
2) I must list 10 honest things about myself, they are as follows :-

1. I am married to my best friend. Although I am only 37 we have been together for 20 years this year. I have grown so much with him and our love gets stronger every day.

2. We got married in Las Vegas (not by ELVIS!!) on my 30th birthday. It was one of the best experiences of my life. Would love to go back to Vegas and spend more time there. Loved the rides at the top pf the Stratosphere, they were amazing.

3. I have been overweight for many years and have tried every diet going. Currently following
the GI Diet and so far it is working. Have lost 2 stone but still got about 6 and a half to lose.

4. I have got extremely high blood pressure and I am working hard to reduce it, hence the weight issues...... vicious cycle but it needs doing, and I feel I am finally dealing with it.

5. I am currently unemployed after being made redundant twice in the last 9 months. I need to be kept busy and at the moment don't feel like a valuable member of society. I am helping to look after Paul's Grandad who is ill at the moment but trying to get a job in the meantime. Cardmaking keeps me sane at the moment.

6.I am paranoid about being in debt after bad experiences with my parents when I was a child. It was hard, but it taught me many valuable lessons about how NOT to live my life as an adult. I wish many other people had done the same and perhaps the credit crunch would never have happened. If you can't pay for it, you don't buy it. Simple as that !

7. I do not have children and decided at the age of 14 that I didn't want any. I get very annoyed at people who say '' I will change my mind'', I won't and I haven't. I've been saying it for 23 years and still feel the same.

8. I love the sea and feel very calm when I am at the seaside. I would love to live by the sea one day......

9. I have been crafty ever since I can remember and love making cards. I cross stitch as well but that has taken a back seat.....

10. I have my own little room to craft in and at the moment it is where I feel the most happiest. I've got a little laptop and watch TV and get to craft at the same time - bliss :)

3) I must put a copy of The Honest Scrap Logo on my blog which I have proudly done!

4) I must select at least 7 other worthy bloggers & list their links so here they are!





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to read your answers Mandy...
I class myself fortunate to be literally 2 mins from the sea....
Enjoy the rest of your weekend:) xxx

Anonymous said...

Great to read your answers Mandy...
I class myself fortunate to be literally 2 mins from the sea....
Enjoy the rest of your weekend:) xxx

Chrissie said...

Thank you so much for this award Mandy...I most touched that you thought of me... now to think of those 10 things!
Chrissie

LISA said...

Thanks so much for the award mate, i will post it on my blog when i get home tomorrow....liked finding out a bit more about you as well xxxx

Sarn said...

Aww, thanks for the Award Mandy.

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Thank you so much for that treasured award Mandy. I will get cracking asap. 10 things :-O!!!
(((((((HUGS)))))))
:-x

Kerrie's Crafting Corner said...

Awww thank you hun!

I'll wear my badge with pride!!

I'll add this to my blog, lovely to read your answers

xxxx