My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Tuesday 19 May 2009

ICS 17, 365 Day 73 & Secret Crafter 32 & Created byhand

This card was made using the latest sketch # 17 at Inspirational Card Sketches.

The dress is a Pink Petticoat printable that I had done some time ago. I printed it out onto the HOTP patterned paper and pieced this over another plain one printed in the same size. I have never done this before and it was something I was inspired to do after receiving a gorgeous pieced card from my forum buddie Kerrie. I have traced over all the tiny swirls in the dress and also the handcut scalloped border (courtesy of a Fiskars template) with a clear Sakura glitter pen. It is really sparkly but the scanner hasn't picked it up very well. The use of glitter fits in with the latest challenge 32 at a new blog to me Secret Crafter.

The other patterned papers are Two Scoops by Basic Grey. I have chosen the colour scheme of pink & green to fit in with this weeks challenge at Created byhand and also because I love these papers soooo much. The swirly paper I have only a couple of small peices of left, I don't want it to run out......

The line of flowers on the ICS sketch I have replaced with Prima hydrangea flowers and have added Paperchase gems to the centres. The larger gems on the dress are also from Paperchase, the smaller ones were from a Lets Make Cards pack. I have used a little artistic license with Day 73's challenge at 365 Cards to use Circles (flowers or circular gems) Scallops (handcut border on panel) and bling (gems and glitter) Hope this is acceptable Amy :)

I'm going to try and see if I can get a nice photo of it in daylight tomorrow as you just can't see the sparkle very well and it's such a shame as the card is really pretty but the scan just doesn't do it justice at all.

15 comments:

Yogi said...

very pretty. Good job of combining everything

Kendra said...

Great card! I'm loving that swirly paper :) Best of luck wit your challenges!

Jeni Glee said...

This has got to be the most adorable card I have seen in a long time! I just love everything about it! Nice work!

Benga said...

beautiful card! the paper piecing and the design is awesome.

Femmy said...

wonderful!!

Karen said...

Beautiful card. This is one of my favourite PP images. I also love to paper piece - but probably do not do it often enough.
Thanks for joining us this week at ICS.
Karen x

Judy said...

Oh wow, this card is just great. I love what you did with the dress.

Jill said...

gorgeous card Mandy, love the paper piecing, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

aardvarkpest said...

Very pretty. Well done on combining so many challenges.

Glenda

Dawn♥ said...

absolutely BEAUTIFUL Mandy! Love those pretty flowers! Thanks for joining us at ICS! :)
♥Dawn♥

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

great job

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandy.
Your card is stunningly `beautiful`...
I love Lolas dress!!!very classy!!!
`Thanks` for joining in with ICS This week..
A pleasure to see you there!!!
Have a lovely weekend:) x

~amy~ said...

gorgeous job Mandy!!!

Fink said...

Nice job! The dress looks so pretty! Thanks for joining us at ICS!

Sarn said...

Beautiful x