My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Saturday 2 May 2009

365 Cards Day 63 & Savitri's Bonus Sketch

Woohoo, managed to make the last 365 Card before the end of the week.

Challenge for today, day 63 was to make a card with 8 flowers on it.

I wanted to use Savitri's Bonus sketch over at 2 Sketches 4 You as I really liked the layout. It's the last time the current DT will have submitted cards and although it's a shame to see them go, there will be a new DT next week and it's always great to see who has been picked. They have so many talented card makers and it really is a very inspirational blog. I think my cards are very basic compared to some of the luscious designs that are showcased on there, hopefuly some of it will rub off onto me :)

I started off by using a 3D floral element that came from a sticker pack at Poundland. I bought absolutely loads of them when they came out as they were fabulous value for what you got, but haven't used many of them at all. I plan to remedy that as to make some Christmas presents this year I want to make a personal calendar and card box for members of the family and need to make lots and lots of cards. That's where 365 Cards is helping me to use my stash one card at a time.

Anyway, I digress. The embellishment only had 7 flowers so I nicked one off another pack and made it 8. I added a bit of Paparmania bling to the centre. I cut an oval from a scrap of Dovecraft Laura Ashley paper and matted this on a scrap of soft gold.

The paper is from Creative Cardmaking magazine. The sentiment is from there too and matted onto some scrap black card. I added a couple of tiny butterflies to the panel to finish it off.

I am quite pleased with it as it is a pretty card and suitable for many occasions.

Going to end my day now and start reading Eclipse which is the 3rd book in the Twilight series. I have yet to see the film but have really enjoyed the first 2 books. I'll probably end up dreaming of vampires again.......

10 comments:

Maz said...

Beautiful card and great job on the challenges
maz

Rose said...

pretty and sweet!!! love the bflys also :-)

Ann said...

So sweet! Great job on the challenges!

AUsome mom said...

Very pretty Mandy! Love the little basket of flowers.

Karen Lee said...

What a pretty card, great job on todays challenge.

hugs, Karen Lee

Unknown said...

wow Mandy you did do a fabulous job on Savitri's sketch - love how pretty and soft the cards is.
Thanks for playing along with both sketches.
:) Kazan

Jana said...

Sweet card. Love the sentiment. Very versatile.

Vicky said...

very pretty! love the basket!

Rosemary said...

I love this card; the flowers in the basket are sweet and the overall feel is gentle and happy!

~amy~ said...

Mandy, great job combining challenges!