My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday 10 May 2009

Inspirational Card Sketches 15 & 365 Cards Day 68

This is another card I made on Saturday at the crafty meet up. I have used sketch 15 from Inspirational Card Sketches for the layout and Day 68's challenge at 365 Cards to make a card including or inspired by candy.

In the UK candy is referred to as a sweet, but also a dessert is often called a sweet too so I have incorporated both into this card.

The papers are from the freebie book of papers that came with Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine. The image of the icecream sundae was part of a page that I have cut this design from. I have matted it onto some scrap red card.

The swirls are by Doodlebug. The glittered chipboard sentiment came from a craft pack at Poundland and has tiny HOTP brads. The glittered candy shape is DCWV and looks just like the strawberry sauce swirled around the icecream. Since taking this photo I have also added dimensional glaze to the sauce and the cherry which makes it glisten a bit more. 

7 comments:

Jess said...

Cute card! I love what you did with the sketch and your sweet treats theme!

Olena said...

Nice card! Great job! ~Olena~

Dawn♥ said...

WOW it's so yummy looking! I love it! Fantastic job using the sketch over at ICS! Thanks for joining us! :)
♥Dawn♥

Tricia said...

cuteness! What a yummy card you made for the sketch!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandy
Your card is `beautiful`..YumYum..
`Thanks```` for joining in with ICS this week
Have a lovely Tuesday:)x

Anonymous said...

Hmmm looks good enough to eat! fab...

Bex said...

Yummy card! Love that sundae!