My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Saturday 2 May 2009

Kazan 25 & 365 Cards Day 62

The challenge yesterday, day 62 at 365 Cards was to make a card where a number needed to signify the importance of the event. Having just made an age card only a few days ago I couldn't think of an event I needed one for so soon. Then it dawned on me that our neighbours lad is 18 this year and a card was born.....

I have used Kazans latest sketch 25 over at 2 Sketches 4 You as the layout as it seemed perfect for an 18 year old male.

The papers are from Papermania and Dovecraft. The gold star is from a miscellanous pack of paper & card I had from Home Bargains. It came in an A4 red tray with tons of papers in it and was an absolute bargain. It was supposed to be a kids scrap play pack, well at 37 I can still be a kid right?

The white star is glittered and I have no idea where I got that one from. The lettering is self adhesive die cuts from a QVC TSV that Brenda Pinnick did last year.

Well it's not his birthday until late August so I've REALLY excelled myself making this one in advance....

Just one more 365 card to go and I've completed this week's challenges. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fabulous bright and snazzy card...xx

~amy~ said...

Fun card...great job combining challenges!

Unknown said...

you are right this is a perfect male card. I think you rocked both challenges.
Thanks for playing
:) Kazan

Karen Lee said...

I love the colors!! Great job with the challenge!

hugs, Karen Lee

Jana said...

Nice card. Perfect for a teenager.

Anonymous said...

great take on the sketch

Julie said...

I love the brightness of this card.x