My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Thursday 14 May 2009

Digital Scrapbooking

I've done something new for the first time last night and I am so proud of myself.

I have been collecting freebie digital scrapboking downloads for a while, especially certain designers who like using brighter colours such as Mel Hains and Vicki Parker. Up till now it has been something that I have printed off to make cards with, a term called a hybrid crafter where you will use digital downloads alongside traditional shop bought craft items.

I always  had a penchant for using them as they are intended, but have never scrapbooked and certainly didn't think I would be able to master the programs to make a page up. Paul bought me Paint Shop Pro for Christmas last year and I have mainly used it for photo editing, but I'm not very good at the programme....I get annoyed when it doesn't do what I want it to and lose my temper. Paul just laughs at me :) Last night with his help I used a Quickpage and started off small....

I have made 2 versions as he wanted me to see what the different methods would be with a programme I already use a bit Xara (that's the first one) and PSP (that's the bottom one). The QP by Cy Fisher is already made up from a Mel Hains kit and I have added my photo, the butterfly and the text. In both cases the text was made up from the individual programmes so they are not as elaborate as some of the designer's alphabets....tippy toe steps first. 

I have downloaded a great PDF file off the internet that gives you great hints and tips on compiling pages and what you need. It does say that I need to re-organise my digital downloads to make them easier to find. I have got a reasonable good system but it needs refining down further to make use of keywords and also you need to give credit to the designers so I need to ensure they are labelled up properly so I'll be able to tell who did it.  Looks like I'm going to have a lot of work.....tippy toe steps !!

I want to have a go at making a page from scratch so that will be my next experiment..... Not sure which programme to use yet. Xara is easier because I already have a reasonable knowledge of the programme, but PSP is the more professional programme and I really SHOULD learn how to use it and all the features it has......going to have to think on that one.

I wanted my first page to have a picture of me on it, Paul calls me 'Beautiful Lady' and I can hosnstly say at 37 I look so much better than I did when I was younger. Paul and I have been together 20 years in July and he has seen me blossom from a very shy kid who wasn't happy in her skin to someone who is more confident and the inner beauty has finally blossomed to transform me into the beautiful butterfly that I am today, shedding lots of the baggage that held me back and stopped me being the person I have become. I owe Paul and some very good friends a massive debt of gratitude for guiding me and giving me tremendous love in my darkest days when I REALLY needed it. I am a VERY lucky girl to have such wonderful people around me and I am tremendously grateful for them.

4 comments:

Bex said...

You do look lovely in that photo, and boy, 20 years! That's feat, you 2 must be made for each other!

It's nice to try something new! They look great!

Kirsty Wiseman said...

thanks for the card comment, mandy - that was real nice of you :)
I love your digi page :) I love those oclours xx

Becky Stewart said...

fab pages - they're great - I'm v impressed.
x

LISA said...

Well done mate, would like to have a go at that myself......but ned to master photoshop as well lol
Looks great and i love that picture of you xxx