My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Wednesday 6 May 2009

365 Cards Day 67 & Di Hickman May # 1

It's Day 67 at 365 Cards and the challenge today is to 'Think Pink' and make a card where the predominant colour is pink.

Been to the hospital to visit Grandad so I was late getting back, by the time we'd had something to eat and do some washing I couldn't hit my craft room until 10:30pm so needed to do something quite quick. As soon as I saw Di Hickmans sketch which she revealed this evening I knew what I was going to do.

I pulled out my DCWV Blossoms & Butterflies pad and the backing paper is an offcut from another card I had made previously. The paper has silver metallic swirls on it (which have scanned in black, sorry) I absolutely adore it and I'm glad I could use the offcut as I only have 1 sheet left - 1 to use , 1 to stroke LOL

The scalloped 'ribbon' is a scrap piece of card that I cut a scalloped border from using a Fiskars Shapecutter template. The stitched ribbon is a self adhesive DCWV. The butterfly is a Cuttlebug die and emboss combi with a small amount of pink ink on the edges. I have folded the wings up and only stuck it down in the centre. The scanner has squashed it but it springs straight back up. The pink gems are Paperchase and I used a tiny bit of silver gel pen on the ends of the antennae.

I have left the card without a sentiment but may add something at a later point in time. 

I'm glad Pam gave us an easier challenge today as I don't think I would have been able to complete the challenge this evening otherwise.

9 comments:

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

What a lovely pinkie card! Luv the swirls at the corner.

Census said...

A really stylish card..love it!!

Bex said...

Very nice, that shade of pink is gorgeous and with the black looks stunning, see I never would have thought have that, not to self: use black with brights, it looks ace!

Jeannie said...

Oh so glamourous! Stunning!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

~amy~ said...

wow...love your very striking card!!

Kristie Larsen said...

wonderful! I love that bold pink color. just knocks your socks off!

Tommie said...

OMG! I LOVE this! Beautiful!

-Oh My Gluestick!

Julie said...

Love the colours, gosh you were up late crafting, that's dedication for you.

Spot-On said...

Beautiful card Mandy!!! Love the color and great job with the sketch! TFS!!!