My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Thursday 21 May 2009

400th Post and a 5 Challenge Card !!

This is my 400th post and I think this is one of the nicest cards I have ever made and it fulfils 5 Challenges YAY!!

The finished card measure A5 opening on it's side and was made from half an A3 sheet of white card. I used a Fiskars template for the scalloped edges and this was cut by hand with scissors. I added the little pearls, this decorating 3 sides of my card fulfilling todays challenge for Day 82 at 365 Cards.

The blue paper is HOTP from the Sapphire Cardmakers pad. The large 'L' is a Sizzix die and the use of the letter fulfils the challenge this week at The Pink Elephant. The letter was embossed using my new textile Cuttlebug folder which was part of my prize from Karen Maldonado. I am so pleased as I didn't have this one and nearly bought it at the Glitterpot. The rest of the Love lettering was done by hand. This then fits in with this week's Love and Marriage challenge at My Time To Craft.

Charisma Cardz had a new challenge up this morning to use Flowers, Lace and Pearls. The lace is an elasticated one, almost like a knitted texture and it is very tactile. I made a little layer from Prima flowers, a pearl headed pin, a pearl button and a small blue pearl heart.

Last but not least this weeks Cuttlebug Challenge is to use either the heart or butterfly combo. I bought the butterfly one at the Glitterpot as I had wanted it for sooooo long and have used it loads since. I used an offcut or a thick stardream card and it has made the embossing quite deep. I used a Brilliance inkpad on the letter and the butterfly to highlight the embossing and used tiny pearls on the body. The wings have been folded up and left loose.

I am so pleased with this card. I started off in the planning stage to see how many challenges I could tie together but it has turned out to be one of the cards that I am most proud of.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, 5 in one, that is fantastic, and what a wonderful card to share with all the challenge blogs.

Tommie said...

Pretty pretty!

Tommie

Fi said...

Congrats on your 400th post and being able to create a beautiful card for 5 challenges - way to go.
Hugs
Fi

Karen Lee said...

Wow.....awesome job getting all those challenges into one card!!

hugs, Karen Lee

Unknown said...

Congrats on your 400th post Mandy. Your card is beautiful sort of a nostalgic look. . .beautiful.
Hugs
Michelle

Rose said...

YEY you!!! 400 posts and 5 challegs in 1 fantastic card!!! :D

Vicky said...

Congrats on your 400th post! Your card is beautiful - great job!

~amy~ said...

woot woot for your 400th post! I can't believe you were able to jam pack that many challenges into 1 card!!! It's gorgeous!

mueppi said...

Wonderful card!
Hugs Gisela

LISA said...

Well done on 400 posts, but 5 challenges in one is brilliant!!! And such a pretty card, love the lace you have used on it xxx

Annie said...

It's a beautiful card and your scalloped edge is just perfect. Wow well done on the hand cutting - amazing.

Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Sarn said...

WOW - haven't you done well!

Sally said...

Great card. Love all the texture you have used. Thank you for joining our challenge this week at Charisma Cardz.

Lesley said...

Lovely card, thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge, hope to see you again! xx

Cathy said...

Pretty card!
Cathy xx

Roxy said...

Very pretty and simple! Thanks for joining in with Charisma Cardz.

Roxy

Vee said...

Lovely card. Congrats on combining 5 challenges and thanks for including Charisma.
xx Vee

Carol said...

You deserve a medal for your hand cut scallops!! Very pretty card, so glad you could join in the fun at TPE


Hugs
Carol x

Cassie said...

i agree! it's gorgeous!! thanks for playing over at CCB!
http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

p.s. congrats on post #400!