My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Tuesday 5 May 2009

Stampin Chic, Forever Friends & 365 Cards

Lucky me, I have made this card and managed to get it to tie up with 3 different challenges.

The challenge this week at Forever Friends was to make a card of a different than normal shape. I decided I wanted to make a flower shaped card as I haven't done one before. I used a template from Mel Stampz blog to cut the card shape from a Papermania blank and then resized it to make the 2 smaller outlines.

The challenge at Stampin' Chic this week was to include stitching of some sort, whether real or faux. I used one of the outlines to add faux stitching with a gel pen. The spotted paper is from the Papermania Clare Curd Signature range.  I used rubber stamps from the same range to make the flowers. I just stamped onto some offcuts of card and shaped the smaller flowers to add dimension. The FF bear is a clear sticker mounted onto white card which came free with a magazine. The with love sentiment has been matted onto white card and I have put little dots around the edge to add definition. The flower is from the same sticker sheet. The sister sentiment is cut from a FF decoupage sheet by Papermania.  I have added stickles glue to the flower centres and random dots on the paper. 

The challenge for day 65 at 365 Cards was to make a Mothers Day Card or to make a card to honour a woman in your life. I had intended this card to be sent to my secret sister (she doesn't ead my blog, I'm safe !!) hence the sister heading. However, when I showed it to my hubby he asked if it was for his sister's birthday later this month !!! How organised am I getting, making a card so many weeks in advance. 

13 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful card Mandy, great shape, thanks for joining the FF challenge this week
Wendy x

amanda stokes said...

Hi Mandy!love the card its gorgeous!!! and you're very organised lol
hugs amanda x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

HI Mandy great shape!!
we are having some very interesting cards this week and I love your colour scheme!
Thank you for joining us this week at FF


Emma xxx

Anonymous said...

This is a very gorgeous card...love your work..x

~amy~ said...

a-dorable Mandy!!

Elaine ♥ said...

Great shaped card mandy... love the elements you have used, its fab! Thanks for joining the FF Challenge this week!

Elaine x

Kath Stewart said...

great shaped card mandy and love all the decoration.....fabulous....thanks for joining in the fun at Stampin chic this week..Hugs Kath xxxxx

Sheila said...

What a cute card! And how clever to tie 3 challenges together into one card. Lovely!
Love Sheila x

Sarn said...

Fab shape! Great card xx

CRAFTERESA said...

a very striking card, lovew the shape

Thanks for joining us on the Forever friends challenge this week

Crafteresa xx

Julie said...

I love bears and this is a pretty card.

Vicky said...

cool card, Mandy!

Sandra said...

I like the shape. your card is so cute!!! thanks for your work