My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday 17 May 2009

365 Cards Day 78

Had a pretty stressful week with the whole Grandad and hospital situation and have had very little free time, certainly none to make cards unfortunately. I NEEDED to chillout and have some 'me' time today and I have managed to make a couple of cards whilst catching up on my favourite TV programmes like Bones, Cold Case and Fringe.

This card was made using the sketch which was posted as todays challenge for Day 78 over at 365 Cards (boy I am so behind on their challenges now, boo hoo!)

I got a cute booklet full of papers and embellishments with Crafts Beautiful magazine all with Paddington Bear on which I cracked open for this card. I used to love PB when I was a kid, I even used to eat marmalade sandwiches and used to shuffle round like Paddington used to do. LOL

All the elements and paper ribbon are from this pack. I mounted the PB picture on black card and the little cakes are on 3D foam. The corner is from a Brenda Pinnick kit at QVC which was embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and inked with a black pad. The card front was layered onto a black DCWV textured card blank. 

13 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Mandy, Your card is so cute and oh so british looking.

Hope your grand-dad is feeling better soon.

Rose said...

this is so cute! :D

~amy~ said...

Mandy, sweet take on today's sketch...hang in there!!!

Vicky said...

This is adorable! Love it!

Karen Lee said...

Very sweet!

hugs, Karen Lee

AUsome mom said...

Love it!! The PB is too cute!! Hope this week is better for you. :)

Fi said...

Very cute card, I love PB.
I hope you have a better week.
Hugs
Fi

Kristie Larsen said...

I love that little Paddington. Such a cute card Mandy. Great job with the challenge!

Maz said...

Very cute
Hope you have a better week ahead
maz

Bex said...

This is fantastic, love the extra cakes!

You know, we're thinking about you x

Sarn said...

Just terrific. PB would have been proud of you xx

Gloria Stengel said...

PB is so cute. We did not have him here in the US much for my kids (or for me) but I do know who he is!

Hope grand-dad is better!

Pam said...

Awwww, so cute - nice job, Mandy :)